Compress/decompress

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 12:36:00 EDT 2003

Compressing the data in a field and putting the compressed data into
a customProperty works like a charm.  Recalling the data is
instantaneous.

The stack is now less than 1 MB.

* very happy Shari :-) *

Now for the questions:

I could not figure out how to compress an array.  A multi-dimensional
array.  The array is stored as a customPropertySet.  Is there a way
to do it?

Also, one of my stacks became corrupted with all the experimenting.
Unfortunately, it was the stack that holds some key pieces of code.
(The backups do not hold the "successful" pieces of code that I wrote
today.)  The code is in the script of several buttons.  There is no
~stack.  Any way to get at these buttons?

Shari

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com