clickText?

kweto nrkweto at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 10:37:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

A request for help in finding a scripting solution to the following problem.

I want to be able to click on a word within a text field so that that one
word and not any other instances of it in a text-field becomes identified.
For example, given the sentence "To be or not to be", if I click on the last
"be" in the sentence I'd like it and only it to, say, become replaced with a
pair of underlines ("To be or not to _ _"). The only solution I could think
of was to combine mouseText and clickText with wordOffset. But, of course,
this didn't work, and instead resulted in the first "be" in the "To be..."
sentence rather than the clicked final-position "be" to be transformed into
dashes (i.e., "To _ _ or not to be").

I'm guessing that the position within the sentence of the clicked-word needs
to be somehow retrieved (similar to "put word 2 of line 3"), but am stumped
about how to do this.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Nicolas Cueto