New tool proposal for the MetaCard IDE

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon Aug 25 15:33:01 EDT 2003

Alejandro Tejada a écrit:

> Hi developers,
>
> Can I propose a Bezier Drawing tool
> for the MC ide?
>
> I could prepare something for the middle
> of the next week.
>
> It will include a tool to modify
> polygon graphics using bezier curves.
>
> Who could help me to review and
> enhance the code?

I can help if you want, as I'm slightly less
busy for the next few days...

Although I might suggest that we introduce
REAL Bezier curves instead (and not only
polygon aproximations) : it's possible to
have such 2D splines (and manipulate them
in realtime with the mouse, and add control
points, etc) through openGL.
The only drawback is that AFAIR the MC
engine doesn't allow the creation of new
controls through externals... Therefore these
splines will have to be displayed inside img
controls... But I was thinking that may be
there's a possibility to fake such a vector
control by setting the rest of the img pixels
to transparent...

Any suggestion welcome...

JB