Drawers

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Mon Aug 11 13:34:01 EDT 2003

>Tuviah, although the undocumented parts of the drawer command you
>provide are indeed an improvement in a direction I had in mind, I think
>it  is worth mentioning what solutions we have found.
>Our common goal, without reservation, is to improve Metacard/Revolution.
Agreed.  Developers would be wise to use your solutions to implement
drawers on other platforms. However on OSX, users are very picky, these
users send me dozens of emails about default throbbing buttons for
example. We have taken special care to modify the engine to implement
drawers so they look and act the way they do on other platforms (drawers
never take away focus from the parent for example and cannot be dragged,
they inherit metal if the parent is metal, there is a special behavior
when resizing). So the question is like asking can you use your own
routines to similuate the Aqua feel for all platforms, yes, by using
custom graphics and other methods you can. But I would advise you to use
the built in routines if available for a platform, and suggest
improvements.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought