Drawers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 10 19:57:01 EDT 2003

On 8/10/03 5:14 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> If you want to have this "visual effect" of a drawer being opened and
> closed like a real drawer, it is important to first open the drawers
> invisibly, and then take care that the drawers start from underneath the
> base stack and prevent that flickering that occurs when the vis of the
> drawer is set the true.

I may not understand what you mean, but when I use the "drawer" command,
the stack animates and slides out exactly like the ones in Apple's
applications. There is a smooth glide from closed to open.

The "drawer" command slides the stack out. A "hide stack myStack"
command slides it back in. Once the stack is set to be a drawer, you can
just use "show stack myStack" to slide it open again.

There doesn't seem to be any need to manually adjust the position of the
stack as it slides open. The stack also appears "underneath" the main stack.

This is all with version 2.1 beta, of course.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com