Launching a local file in the default browser

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Aug 9 03:41:00 EDT 2003

Er... I guess I should probably get some sleep: my solution has this
problem also for files that don't normally open in a browser.

If there's not a better way, you could work around this by creating a
dummy HTML file that just redirects the browser to the correct file.
That'll get you in the right app, *then* open the file.

There must be a better way buried somewhere in AppleScript...

Brian