Script Limits vs dynamic programming

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 7 18:55:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 04:31 PM, Dr. John R. Vokey wrote:

> For those who remember them, think of the completely different
> experience one has programming in and using TILs (threaded
> interpretative languages) such as APL, and forth: as with hypercard,
> programming is not distinct from using; they are seamlessly > integrated.

Perhaps many lisp programmers use/program the same way.  I think my
lisp and forth experiences were a factor in my going this direction.  I
have enjoyed programming with the graphical dataflow model of LabVIEW
in the past, but it did not give me this.  Because of this, I'm
coercing mc/rev into my application niches and have demonstrated to
myself that mc/rev is malleable.

Recently Geoff has shown an interest in lisp and the lisp style.  I
don't know if that will make him an advocate in this issue or in adding
compensating features, but it might help.

Dar Scott
Rev guy not doing a good job of lurking