Announcing the new Open Source IDE (you just can't code with it)!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 7 11:20:01 EDT 2003

David Bovill wrote:

> There is a question that just occured to me regarding the commitment to
> "open source" the MC interface and Revolutions licencing restrictions...
> how can you have both?

I believe Scott Raney's intention with the MetaCard IDE is that it will
continue to work (script editing included of course) so long as a licensed
Home stack is present.

Any proposed changes under consideration seem limited to the operation of
standalones and demo mode, where a licensed Home stack is not present.