Multiple LAN cards & mc server apps

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Aug 3 10:30:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 06:30 AM, LiangTyan Fui wrote:

>>> Not that I know :(
>>
>> If you don't need the port on the undesired interfaces for some other
>> service, you can block them with a local-machine firewall.
>
> Unfortunately this is not always the case. For example I have MetaCard
> based
> SMTP server listen on port 25 to handle incoming traffic, and still
> would
> like to run sendmail on the loop back 127.0.0.1 for local traffic.
> By accepting connections on port 25 using metacard, I cannot start
> sendmail
> anymore.

I have run into exactly the same problem.  It would be nice to be more
specific in the listen.  Perhaps the ability to optionally specify the
IP address would do it.  (And at the same time allow a connectionID to
differentiate TCP listening from UDP listening in openSockets().)

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming
Services