tip - group margins

Rodney Tamblyn rodneytamblyn at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 3 01:45:00 EDT 2003

I've been making a little image editing stack and ran across something
interesting.

I was using a group to display a crop rectangle, and kept finding that
although I set the rect of the group to the rect of the image (when
first showing the crop box), when I displayed the rects of both objects
they were different by 4 pixels (even though appearing to be identical
on screen).

The key is to remember that objects like groups have margins which are
automatically applied, therefore in my situation I needed to do the
following:

set the margins of group "crop" to 0

~ Rodney

--