Looking for Beta Readers/Testers for RunRev Book

Dan Shafer dan at eclecticity.com
Fri Apr 25 18:07:01 EDT 2003

Scott suggested I post this message, which I posted to the RunRev user list a couple of days ago, over here as well. I still have a couple of openings on what will be a very small list of beta readers/testers, so if you're interested, please respond to me ASAP off-list.

I am in the process of adapting my best-selling "HyperTalk Programming" title to Runtime Revolution 2.0. My plan is to offer an eBook optionally combined with a members-only Web site where subscriber/members will get regular updates and new chapters as well as access to discussion boards, their own blogs to discuss RR issues and designs, etc.

I would like to recruit a few people who would agree to be beta readers/testers as this project unfolds over the next 90 days. What I'd ask is:

1. Read each chapter as soon after I send it to you as possible. I want to keep total turnaround time per chapter under a week if I can.
2. Give me honest feedback on each chapter.
3. Tell me particularly where I'm stuck in HyperCard and not doing things in a Revolutionary way.

Likely I'll set this up as a discussion-style board where all of those involved in the beta can exchange ideas with each other, thus multiplying the effect and value of the feedback.

In return, I'll acknowledge your role and give you a free lifetime subscription to the book/site.

Please email me off-list at dan at eclecticity.com if you're interested and available to do this. My guess is it will involve 2-6 hours per week over the course of the next 75 days or so.