First CGI attempt

Mark Talluto lists at canelasoftware.com
Fri Apr 25 03:26:00 EDT 2003

I am venturing out into new territory.  Let me tell you that this is
very exciting for me!  I have visited Ken Ray's excellent page
regarding his CGI tip.  You can find that at:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/cgi001.htm

My setup:
OS 10.2.5
running installed Apache Webserver
Using terminal on same machine
Installed the darwin MC executable and my cgi script (saved with unix
line breaks)
Set the chmod of both files to 755

I followed Ken's site very closely.  I SSH into the cgi-executable
folder and ran the following line:  ./mc simple-cgi

The mesage "hello world" popped up!  I was so excited.  I went to my
browser.  Typed:  192.168.1.0/cgi-bin/simple-cgi
and got the Internal Server Error 500.  If it worked in terminal,
shouldn't it work in the browser?  I feel I am getting close to making
this work.  Please get me the rest of the way.  Thanks!

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com