Storing arrays

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Apr 21 15:36:01 EDT 2003

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003  Shari <gypsyware at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Since uMap will have many elements, and many items for each element:
>
> uMap[1,1]
> uMap[1,2].....etc.
> uMap[200,1]
> uMap[200,2].... etc.
>
> is it possible to just store uMap as a whole?
>
> set the customproperties[UMap] of card x to uMap
> put the customproperties[UMap] of  card x into uMap
>
> I wouldn't need to do it for each element?  (I know I can test this
> without asking... but I won't get to go at it again till Wednesday  [:-)]
>
> Shari C

You can do it as a whole, but

- you need a different name for your custom property and your array like
in

  "set the customproperties[storedUMap] of card x  to uMap" and
 "put the customproperties[storedUMap] of  card x into uMap",

- and you should avoid to write "uMap[x,y]", but only "uMap" for your
array to be stored, as [x,y] - in this context - would refer to the last
item that was put into the array and not to the whole array.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke