Speeding up this handler

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 15 08:44:01 EDT 2003

>Hi Shari,
>
>I was able to speed up loading the images so that it took only about 20 msec
>longer than the dummy handler by calculating the offset into the array
>myself, rather that relying on mc, and by using the object number of images
>rather than looking up object names.
>
>Combined with optimizations suggested by others you should be able to get
>decent performance!
>
>Tereza
>

>on Test pRow, pCol
>   GLOBAL gFileNamesA
>   lock screen
>   put 1 into N
>   put (pRow-1) * 43 + pCol into tS
>   put tS + (43 * 8) into tE
>   repeat with iR = tS to tE step 43
>     repeat with iC = 0 to 10
>       set the filename of img N of grp "imagegrid" to gFileNamesA[iR + iC]
>       add 1 to N
>     end repeat
>   end repeat
>   unlock screen
>end test

Wow!  I can't wait til Wednesday when I get to play with the code
again :-)  The possibility of a solution for this is very exciting.
I was afraid I was going to have to change the main game movement, to
a format that is not "standard" and not as smooth as what other games
of this ilk use.

I fully intend to put the C/C++ games to serious competition with
this one.  I have a dream, and by golly I'm going to drag into this
world kicking and screaming if it doesn't come nice :-)  This program
is my heart and soul, the thing I've most wanted to do as a
programmer.

Phase I is already done :-)  Now entering Phase II...

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com