Speeding up this handler

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 10:38:00 EDT 2003

>One other possibility, instead of always using the filename
>property: create hidden image objects for each of the 800+ images.
>Thus they load once when the card opens. Now... instead of setting
>the fileName of other objects, set the imageData property:
>
>set the imageData of image bMap[z] to the imageData of image cMap[x,y]
>
>Of course, this has it's own drawbacks, not the least of which is
>800+ extra objects.

So instead of storing the images in folders, import them?  (This
would mean importing upwards of 1000 images.....)

I don't see any reason not to use cMap[x,y].  I'm not locked into how
aMap, bMap and cMap store data.  They are all experiments trying to
find the best way to do this piece of code.  The best experiment will
win :-)

Shari C
Gypsy King Software
--