Memory question, old MC versions

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Thu Apr 10 12:38:00 EDT 2003

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  Unfortunately, my client tested
out taking out all the stacks whose names get loaded, and that didn't
change memory usage at all.

It is out of the ordinary for MetaCard to take 15,000K of RAM to do
word processing of a 320K text file on a 68K machine, isn't it?

I may simply try backwards-porting some re-written 2.4.3 code to the
2.3.2 environment, as I have no other idea how to fix what I had
created.  I guess I could also make a totally bare-bones open/save/quit
program that just loads text, and see if that takes up less memory.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Karl

On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 04:18 AM, eric.allen.engle at justice.com