Enter key and Return key

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 9 15:23:00 EDT 2003

I received a feature request for my Blackjack Gold game, as follows:

---

?body=Platform: MacOS CPU: unknown System Version: 10.2.4 I love
playing your blackjack game! It's great.

However, I would like to be able to use the "enter" key after placing
a bet with the shortcut "command" + "b". I have to use the return key.

Since I enter my bets with the keypad, the "enter" key is faster and
more convenient than using the "return" key. Thanks! --

---

He is referring to an Ask dialog, nothing fancy, nothing special made.

ask "How much?" & return & return & "You can bet from" && minBet && \
         "to" && playerMax & "."

The script takes the contents of "it" and does it's thing.

---

My keyboard has an Enter and Return key, and both work as he wishes.
Why would his work differently?

I've put an "enterKey" and "returnKey" handler in the "ask" stack,
but why would this even be necessary?

Shari C
Gypsy King Software
--