Programmer's law

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Apr 9 15:09:00 EDT 2003

There's a good repository of programming/computing quotations at
http://f2.org/humour/languages/quotes/computing.html. Some of my
favorites:

- "It is possible to cause a Mac to fail to boot by corrupting
preference files. Sometimes the Mac does this for you."

- "When computers emit smoke, it means they've chosen a new Pope.
Unfortunately, the invariably choose the wrong one and immediately get
condemned to nonfunctionality for heresy."

- "Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to
be very selective about who its friends are."

- "People who love sausages, respect the law, and work with IT standards
shouldn't watch any of them being made."

:-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com