Window refresh problem

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 03:45:16 EST 2003

This problem happens on Windows only....

A beta tester reported that when she moved the mouse around, lines
appeared.  She sent a screenshot.

My fella reproduced the problem, by opening a non-Metacard window,
and dragging it over the Metacard window very quickly, as if shaking
the window up.

It left a white shadow of itself behind.

The window would refresh when he minimized then maximized it again.
Or if a visual effect took place.

The screenshot from the beta tester is attached.

The fella says it's some sort of refresh problem, and wants to know
if I can tell the program to refresh its window every other second or
something.  Surely there must be another way?

He was also wondering if someone (or the program itself) needed to
set the properties of the program (sort of like the Get Info on Mac)
to be compatible with whatever operating system they are running.
(He is attempting to help me troubleshoot this.)

He is running Windows XP (which it runs a-okay on unless we are
TRYING to produce the problem, which we can).  The beta tester has
Windows 98.  The fella set the properties to be compatible with
Windows 98 and the problem went away, but a new one appeared.  A
little black box, sort of like a shadow, follows the mouse.  All
other property settings, the white lines remained on screen until
something refreshed it.  Setting the compatibility to Windows 95 made
the entire card image go poof.  (The imported image that the card
"knows" belongs to it.)

It sounds like a refresh problem.  Anybody?

Shari C