Random sounds...

kjphyland at australia.edu kjphyland at australia.edu
Mon Sep 30 03:26:01 EDT 2002

Hi every1,

As a recent (very enthusiastic!) convert to Metacard from Hypercard in the
old days, my question may seem a bit easy (considering the atom-splitting
work done recently by the listers!!)

Taking Jacqueline's advice I converted an old Hypercard stack to Metacard
assuming it would also import the 50 or so snd files (in System 7 Mac
mode). It didn't but that wasn't a big deal (Sound 7 and AIFF files I found
take up about the same amount of space) just a bit of reformatting.

My "program" (as if it's worthy of the name) simply plays (from a "PLAY"
button) a random sound (animal noises etc..) from the "SoundList" field I
created. No worries...worked great!

However, when I tested it on the pre-schoolers (talk about a TOUGH crowd!)
they wanted to hear it again before proceeding..

my current (enormous) code is

play (any line of card field "SoundList")

my question...if I make a button called say "REPEAT?" how do I get Metacard
to replay the directly previous sound from the "SoundList" field?

Sorry to bother gurus with such trivial q's...

Cheers,
Kevin Phyland
Wycheproof P-12 College.

This message was sent from http://australia.edu