saving styled text?

eric engle engleerica at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 13:22:00 EDT 2002

Hi Klaus!

Your solution does help somewhat and I thank you and
am planning to spend tonight working on applying your
suggestion.

However it is not a complete solution.

Let me explain my problem more exactly: I wish to be
able to do the following

1) Copy text from a field in metaCard and paste that
text into a .doc or at least .rtf - and have the text
retain its file formating.
I.e. I need to get the data onto and off of the clip
board all the while retaining its formatting.

2) I would prefer to save the file not as an .html but
as a .doc or at least .rtf

I know that the html file can be read by current
versiosn of word - but have you ever looked at what
word does when it generates html files? Simple 15 k
files have turned into 50-90 monstrosities (I am not
joking) when exporting a doc from HTML to word. I am
_hoping that the reverse is not true... but I could
easily imagine M.$. bloating imported files (so they
can later sell a proprietary debloating program).

So this is why I would prefer to save as a .doc or
.rtf rather than html.

Anyway being able to copy and paste from MC to word
(or any other text editor) is almost as important as
being able to save the documents.

I thank you for your help! If I can return the favor
in any way (research, translation, editing, writing)
just ask!

Your solution is attached below in the interest of
future persons also searching for this information

Export

on mouseup

put the htmltext of fld "fld with textstyle to be
saved" into url"file:savedstyle.htm"

end mouseup

Import

on mouseup

set the htmltext of fld "fld with textstyle to be
saved" to url"file:savedstyle.htm"

end mouseup

keywords: import export styled text .rtf

=====
My Web sites:
http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton)

Help! I need to buy a copy of code warrior pro version 4 (i.e. with pascal) for x86 work (nowhere on ebay germany)