best laptop for MetaCard

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Tue Sep 24 22:33:01 EDT 2002

My iBook runs MetaCard wonderfully.  Especially with good battery life,
I don't think you can go wrong with an iBook.  Mac OS X makes it stable
as a rock - Fred, I'm surprised you haven't made the switch to X yet,
it's really worth it, even on my iBook 500!

I'd advise an iBook - you can get refurbs or used for a good price, but
I'd even spring for the new ones, since they support Quartz Extreme.

My only complaint is the position of the trackpad - hands can brush
against it while typing, so the cursor may jump around while you're
typing... you'll probably learn to hold your hands so that they don't
touch the track pad, though.  I know I have, I'm noticing myself doing
it right now even.  Weird...

--
Go Bison!
http://www.karlbecker.com