Update Mac menubar fails in standalone

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Mon Sep 23 14:58:01 EDT 2002

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> To Scott Raney & Company: would it make sense to add a licenseKey property
> or something similar to permit creation of "licensed" standalones that can
> modify scripts?  Don't know if this would make MC too accessible to folks
> who haven't paid for licenses but the option to create editable scripts via
> a standalone does seem legitimate.

Anyone who really needs this functionality should rest assured that
there are methods of getting around these limits.  But all require
signing contracts and paying additional fees and so are not something
you want to do just to simplify your development a little (and in this
particular case barely any at all).  Allowing anyone with an existing
license key to defeat the Starter Kit limits with no restrictions is a
recipe for disaster, however, and so is not something we're willing to
consider.
  Regards,
    Scott