Update Mac menubar fails in standalone

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 20 16:33:01 EDT 2002

The update mac menubar handler I posted here recently fails in a standalone.

You cannot do anything in a standalone that tampers with a script.

You cannot change a script.  You cannot even get a script.  You
cannot set the script of an object to anything but what it was when
saved as a standalone.

I wish I'd know that one a month ago!

I've now had to redo that entire section of code, ending up with
"enable/disable".  *sigh*

The other thing that failed is turning the Option buttons into
Cascade buttons.  So much code was broken by that change, due to
menuHistories and so forth, that I had to set all back to Options
buttons and set the LookandFeel to Macintosh.  We'll see if it works
on Windoze...

I am now two weeks late getting this program to my testers.  And no
programming days till Wednesday.  Aaarrrggghhh!

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com