MetaCard vs other Authoring Tools

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Thu Sep 19 13:07:01 EDT 2002

Authorware is time-line based; MetaCard is Stack based.
AW is $2700; MC is $1000 (but for many applications, the FreeStarterKit is
all you need!)
AW is not extensible; MC can be extended/modified to suit your preferences.

As for other MM apps, there aren't too many cross-platform options. But if
you are looking at Windoze OS, don't waste your time with Magenta or
Illuminatus Opus.  Ovation Studio has merit ($400, extensible, small engine,
decent scripting language.)

In any case, I suggest you download the trials of at lest 2 packages and
give AT LEAST 2 weeks of dedicated efffort to testing each one before
comitting.

miscdas