Contents of a folder

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Sep 17 10:45:00 EDT 2002

>Seems to work fine here on Windows 2000 (using MC 2.4.3 build 3).
>
>When you say "I no longer obtain the list I used to.", do you mean that you
>get no list at all, or you do get a list, but it is different than the list
>you used to obtain?
>
>-Glen Yates
>
>>  (using MC 2.4.3 build 5)
>>
>>  After quite a few tries without success I have to ask the
>>  list for suggestions:
>>
>>  In order to obtain a list of the contents of a folder on a
>>  server I use:
>>
>>  on mouseUp
>  >    put "ftp://username:password@www.hf.uib.no/engMp/" into tUrl
>>     put url tUrl into fld 1
>>  end mouseUp
>>
>>  On Mac 8.5.1 everything is OK, but on Windows 2000 I no longer obtain
>>  the list I used to. Have there been changes? I have tested the
>  > network connection from Windows and it is OK.

Thanks to all who responded to me. When I tested the same script
lines in another stack on Windows 2000 everything worked as it
should. I have no idea why I did not get any list at all in the old
stack even though the list appeared as it should on Mac. By the way,
there is no reason to change the directory, just use  "put url
"ftp://username:password@www.hf.uib.no/engMp/" into fld 1".

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway