Contents of a folder

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Mon Sep 16 13:38:01 EDT 2002

on 9/16/02 5:44 AM, Signe Marie Sanne at signe.sanne at roman.uib.no wrote:

> Hello
>
> (using MC 2.4.3 build 5)
>
> After quite a few tries without success I have to ask the list for
> suggestions:
>
> In order to obtain a list of the contents of a folder on a server I use:
>
> on mouseUp
> put "ftp://username:password@www.hf.uib.no/engMp/" into tUrl
> put url tUrl into fld 1
> end mouseUp
>
> On Mac 8.5.1 everything is OK, but on Windows 2000 I no longer obtain
> the list I used to. Have there been changes? I have tested the
> network connection from Windows and it is OK.
>
> Regards
> Signe Marie Sanne

I just use "set the directory to myFolderPath" and then I put "the files"
into a variable to get the files in that folder, and I put "the directories"
into another variable to get the folders that are in that folder.  I haven't
found that it matters whether the initial directory is on a server or local
hard disk.  Please let me know if this doesn't work in Windows 2000.

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software