Background Color on Win XP

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Sep 14 03:43:06 EDT 2002

Hi All

I've noticed that on WinXP the background color of mc apps is white. Perhaps
it's just my machine???? Anyway It seems that MacroSoft decided to introduce
an new registry entry so they could have menu's one color and menubars
another color. Previously the normal stack backgroundColor has been stored
in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Menu
but now this is the color of menu panels and the normal backgroundColor is
stored in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\MenuBar

I've informed Scott of this problem and await his comments but for now
here's the workaround script:

 if word 1 of the systemVersion is "NT" and word 2 of the systemVersion > 5
then
      put queryRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\MenuBar")
into tColor
      if tColor <> "" then
        put word 1of tColor,word 2 of tColor,word 3 of tColor into tColor
        set the backgroundColor of this stack to tColor
      end if
    end if

If you put it in the startup handler of your main/standalone stack then the
correct color is inherited by all other stacks.

Cheers

Monte Goulding
B.App.Sc. (Hons.)

Executive Director