Mac menubar

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 13 14:02:00 EDT 2002

Learned another menu quirk:

You can't use hierarchical menus in the Help menu on a Mac.  Works
when Edit Menus are true, but the minute it's in the Mac menubar, it
hangs.

This works:

Game Help
Options Menu
Strategies Window
Common Questions
-
About...

This doesn't:

Help...
    Game Help
    Options Menu
    Strategies Window
    Common Questions
-
About...

Hierarchical menus work fine in the rest of the menus.

Also, in a multistack program, with many embedded stacks, I put a
"show menubar" in th open/resume handlers of the primary stack, and a
"hide menubar" in the openstack handler of the auxilliary stacks.

So that the game doesn't ball up if someone opens the stack that
advertises our other programs, and then chooses a menu item relating
only to the game, where the game stack must be the frontmost stack.

I played with setting the default menubar of the auxilliary stacks,
but decided hide/show was the easiest and safest route :-)
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com