Stack Directory?

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Wed Sep 11 09:08:00 EDT 2002

Bonjour Domi,

> I have stack with a "scores" field.
> I want to write the scores to a text file *in the same folder*
> Is it possible to get the directory property for a stack, i.e. the
> folder in which it resides?

Mais oui, mon ami :-)

C'est tres simple...

put the effective filename of this stack into fn
set the itemdel to "/"
delete item -1 of fn
put "/" after fn

et voila, fn now holds the actual folder.

Do this at openstack and store it in a global var or
in a custom property.

Then you can build your "high-score" string like:
global the_stored_directory
put xxxx into url("file:" & the_stored_directory & "the_scores.abc")

or with a custom prop:
put xxxx into url("file:" & the_stored_directory of this stack &
"the_scores.abc")

> Anyway, I have a "answer folder" command, but I want to avoid it...
> --
> Regards,
> Dominique

Au revoir