More CGI Stuff

David Bovill david at anon.nu
Mon Sep 2 02:58:09 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 23:58, Yennie at aol.com wrote:
> Eh! You're right- it does work. It seems I had written off the MacOS engine
> for scripts (I've been using the Darwin engine) for other reasons (namely
> "open process" behavior). Anyway, externals can be used through scripts just
> fine by way of "start using" with the mach-o engine and a mach-o external.
>
> Of course now I just need a way to maintain some persistent memory (i.e.
> database cache). Any ideas? I can write globals to disk if needed, but I
> can't afford to re-create the database cache on every run of the script.
> Sounds like maybe I need to wait for Valentina Server.

Not sure on this one - seem to remember some comments on the list b4 -
but not tries it yet... something to do with having MC already running
in background on the server (ie not started by a cgi)?

Is it then possible for the CGI to start using / send messages to the MC
stacks already up and running? This has to be possible via some type of
IAC but is the process started via the same as the mc engine running in
the background...

Wouldn't mind getting clear on these issues myself...