Scrollwheel in OS X

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Sun Sep 1 13:17:00 EDT 2002

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 Karl Becker <karl at karlbecker.com> wrote:

> I love that MetaCard has built-in support for mice scrollwheels to
> scroll text fields in MetaCard.  That's great (for Mac OS X).
> However, is there any way I could get that same behavior for a group
> with scrollbars?

I can't really think of any way this could work automatically.
Messages are only sent to the objects within a group, or directly to
the card if the mouse isn't over a control in the group...

> I suspect I could do something with setting up a hidden field maybe...
> any ideas on how to easily and cleanly get this done?

Use a rawKeyDown handler: there's a different key code for up and down
wheel and only if these messages aren't handled does the automatic
behavior kick in.
  Regards,
    Scott