Copying OS X apps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 29 17:26:01 EST 2002

On 10/29/02 4:51 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Did you try this in a terminal ?
>
> cp -R /theselectedpath/Ressources/ /thedestinationpath/Ressources/
>
> -R is the recursive option.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I need to copy the application in
a script. For most files, I can use:

put url ("binfile:"&theSourceURL) into url ("binfile:"&theDestURL)
put url ("resfile:" & theSourceURL) into url ("resfile:" & theDestURL)

and I get a new file, but if the file is an OS X bundle, I don't get
anything at all. It just fails silently.

I am also having a problem setting file types and creators for the
copied files under OS X, even the ones that aren't apps. I set the
filetype to what I need and then make the copy with the two lines above.
The new file has a data fork and a resource fork, but no type or creator.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com