disappearing movies and graphics

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Oct 26 00:39:00 EDT 2002

> I have a folder with my graphics in it (jpegs and gifs) and one with my
> Quicktime movies and use relative paths in the program. I built a
> standalone
> on a Mac, and when I run it on another Mac the movies do not show
> up but the
> players do and some graphics show up, other graphics show up when I go to
> the next card and then go back, and some don't show up at all.

>When I save the same
> program on
> a PC and run the standalone on the PC, everything shows up! Any help would
> be greatly appreciated!

My guess it has something to do with how the PC and Mac transform the
pathnames. I'd suggest you set the paths programatically each time you
startup. On startup, get the folder your in and then set the filename of
each image programatically and see if it doesn't work. I built a 'skinnable'
presentation program that way and it worked well.

-Chipp