Window decorations in OSX

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 25 11:12:00 EDT 2002

One of my OSX beta testers mentioned that the red close button was
missing.  I asked her in more detail what she meant (I do not have
OSX) and her explanation follows:

in every window in OS X and in most apps that run native there is a
red, a yellow and a green jelly bean button in the upper left corner.
red=close window, yellow shrinks window to tool bar, green enlarges
window to fill screen.
<<<

I have the lookAndFeel set to Macintosh, as I discovered a few bugs
back that certain menu type buttons (option) wouldn't work as
intended on other platforms, and looked hideous on some platforms,
but looked fine on classic Macintosh.  It was a big enough issue that
I set the lookAndFeel to Macintosh when the stack opens.  I tried
other styles of buttons to compensate but in the end, setting the
lookAndFeel was the best choice.

I've checked things out with the different lookAndFeel preferences
settings in general, to see how things look on other platforms, and
I've not seen these colored jelly bean buttons.

Do they exist in Metacard?  And if not, is there any way to create them?

I'm guessing that one way would be to create your own title bar for
the windows, by using no decorations and just having the window
graphics mimic a title bar.

Any other ideas?

(Not going to bother with it for this project, but my next big
project, that would be a nice touch.)
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com