Warn before quit

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 22 08:34:01 EDT 2002

>Nope, I just searched through my entire script, the only things I
>lock is the screen occasionally, but even that I don't do near where
>I quit.
>
>I created a new stack, and made a quick script in the stack script of:
>on shutDownRequest
>--display an answer dialog, quit if the user clicks "Don't Quit"
>end shutDownRequest
>and when I hit command-Q, it did not pop up.  Is my copy of MetaCard
>being weird or something?
>
>Karl

Karl,

Someone probably already asked this, but did you associate command-Q
with the menu item?  My Quit menu has the command-Q associated with
it.  And in the menuPick handler, the case "Quit" simply calls the
doQuit handler, below.

on doQuit
   global gPlayers,thePlayer,dataPath,mySound
   put "dontleave.wav,dontgo.wav,leavingme.wav,areyouleaving.wav" into tit
   put any item of tit into mySound
   playMe
   wait until the sound is done
   lock messages
   go stack "Blackjack Goldie"
   unlock messages
   send saveData to stack "Blackjack Goldie"
   repeat with x = 1 to 7
     if x is in gPlayers then
       put x into thePlayer
       send endPlayer to cd "Blackjack" of stack "Blackjack Goldie"
     end if
   end repeat
   get flushEvents(all)
   send quitToFinder to me in 10 ticks