Warn before quit

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Fri Oct 18 02:13:00 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 01:34  PM, depstein at att.net wrote:

>> Re:  Karl Becker's problem:
>
> Have you checked for stray "Lock Messages" commands, perhaps in a
> subroutine
> that's being called?

Nope, I just searched through my entire script, the only things I lock
is the screen occasionally, but even that I don't do near where I quit.

I created a new stack, and made a quick script in the stack script of:
on shutDownRequest
--display an answer dialog, quit if the user clicks "Don't Quit"
end shutDownRequest
and when I hit command-Q, it did not pop up.  Is my copy of MetaCard
being weird or something?

Karl

> David Epstein
>
>>> How can I get it to actually stop the Quit?
>>
>> See the shutDownRequest system message.
>
>> I've inserted it into my script, but for some reason it's not
>> recognizing.  I put it in both the stack's script and the card script,
>> but it's not intercepting it at all.  Could those other handlers I
>> have
>> be messing with it?
>
>> Karl

Go Bison!