Warn before quit

Karl Becker karl at karlbecker.com
Wed Oct 16 00:28:01 EDT 2002

I'm having a problem with displaying a warning prompt before a user
quits my program.

I've put catches to intercept a quit in the following handlers:
on closeStackRequest
on closeStack
in the menuGroup I've created, inside the "Quit" menu option, and I
also intercept "Quit MetaCard" and "Quit Tiger's Eye Pub" (the name of
my app)

It seems that my app does show the prompt (twice, actually) when I
click to close the window.  However, when I either:
* select Quit Tiger's Eye Pub - or -
* hit command-Q
the program simply quits, even though I have the script inserted into
my menuGroup to properly catch the "Quit" message.  In fact, it shows
the answer dialog I'm using very briefly before it quits out of the
entire program.  So it's working, just that the answer dialog is not
stopping the program for quitting.

How can I get it to actually stop the Quit?
--
Go Bison!
http://www.karlbecker.com