Unix commandline utilities for modifying images

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Oct 14 23:04:01 EDT 2002

Rodney,

A word of warning...they are a bit *slower* than a DLL or XCMD version.
Also, I haven't yet done a bilinear interpolation scale routine...though I
belive the lastest vers of MC does do a nearest neighbor scaling which may
be fine for what you want. Typically, if I were to resize an image smaller,
I'd want to do a bilinear resample and then a sharpen. Currently the tools I
have only do the sharpen.

I also don't rotate (though I believe MC does that as well).

MC can also save as JPEG at any quality you like (jpegQuality property)

Tell me what you're trying to do and I might have a suggestion....

Chipp