angle and rotate commands

Rodney Tamblyn rtamblyn at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 14 13:26:00 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,

I have just resubscribed to the Metacard list after taking a break
for a few months.

I've been experimenting with the angle and rotate commands with
images.  It doesn't seem
to be possible to scale an image and set it's angle as well.  Am I
missing something obvious here?

Here's the script:

on previewMedia what
   #let's say the images all need to be rotated 90 degrees
set the angle of img "view" to 90
   set the cursor to busy
   set the filename of img "view" to theFile
   put the height of img "view" into theH
   put the width of img "view" into theW
#in this case I want to scale the images so they are never more than
#300 pixels wide or high.  Images being displayed may be wide or tall -
#check this image and scale appropriately.
   if (theW > theH) then
     put 300 * (theH / theW) into theRat
     set the width of img "view" to 300
     set the height of img "view" to theRat