MC Book-other ideas

Phil Davis phildavis at attbi.com
Fri Oct 4 13:59:01 EDT 2002

To expand on the DB backend website idea:

One possibility (maybe more easily doable, probably less fraught with ownership issues, and certainly more current, than a book) would be to create a MC documentation site similar to the one for MySQL (see http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/index.html ). In that site, each docs page allows registered webusers to add comments at the end. Check it out - some are very helpful, sometimes taking the form of a conversation. Here's an example: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Variables.html

If docs pages allowed readers to add comments, we could all add our notes to the parts we've learned best, and pretty soon we'll have something *very* helpful.

(I personally think the MySQL doc site is a good model of how to do it right.)

Phil