How to start mc sons...

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Nov 23 19:36:01 EST 2002

andu a écrit :

... and thank again, a lot, Andu ;-)

> --On Saturday, November 23, 2002 21:07:26 +0100 Pierre Sahores
> <psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:
>
> >> You can't do it that way though as you know, the engine will start a new
> >> process if it receives a new request while it is still busy processing
> >> one.
> >
> > Do you say that while a process is still running to parse a first
> > request, the engine start automatically new ones to process the
> > supplementary incoming querys ? If yes, it's just what i need. But, if i
> > understand that this is trougth in console-cgi mode, i'm still not sure
> > that it's the case in the way you know i use mc (as web apps long
> > running process engine) :in waiting for tcp/ip sockets listeners
> > requests on port xxxx and replying to them.
>
> It only works the way I described as a console-cgi, so you are correct.
> As a server, which is the way you say you use it, you have a problem.
> The only improvement I know of is to not block the mc server until you
> finish with the reply. When the server "accepts connection on port y with
> message x" , once that message starts its job, the server is ready to
> accept another connection.

It's the way my mc deamons are runnning ("accepts connection on port y
with
message x") and if i right undertand your explainations, mc is running
in "synchronious mode" while it parse the first part of the command
("accept connection on port y") and then in asynchronious mode as soon
as the second part of the command is lauched ("with message x"). If mc
is realy running this way, and because it's sure that the first part of
the command take probably not a tick to be run in my apps, mc is
probably able to support "as this" hundreds of connections peer seconds
! Great, always more and more... I think i will have to configure a test
app/box to definitivelly learn what limit of simultanious connections
the mc long running processes web apps are able to handle. Great, great,
great !

> The trick is to keep track of each connection
> and reply them independent of the order they were accepted. Kind of how
> libURL is (still is?) handling multiple requests.
> Also check out the archives ("more cgi stuff"-thread) for a method Brian
> Yennie was using for something similar.

So will i do :-)

> > For me, but i would be happy to be mistaking there (say it, if it's the
> > case), all incoming requests are processed one after each other, by the
> > main mc process i lauched once to activate the web service binded to the
> > port xxxx. In fact, i figured me out that this mc process was just
> > acting alike a postcript printer queue engine acts. Am i false, there ?
>
> If you can make it work the way I described, yes.
>

> >> While on this issue, is there any demand for supporting SSL? I imagine
> >> most uses for an http enabled app are not for general browsing but more
> >> specialized applications in which case https (privacy) should be a top
> >> priority as a feature.
> >
> > Sure... and i will probably use extensivelly thoses features if SSL
> > become directly available from inside MC !
>
> This (as well as banning Windows) should be on the "Homeland Security" list
> under "protecting communications". What better way to keep criminal
> (terrorist) eyes from praying enviously into our lives.;-)

You know what i think, friend ? Our world is sick and the some ones who
are working in building great things in "Arts" and "Technology", in
"Education" or "Industry" are building a world for our childs. Against
that, there will always be stupids gays to try to destroy all the beauty
and the generosity of the best of us. It's so but, to the end, the
destroyers are always destroying them self and the life take-off again
and again. We have just to be there, listening to others, and
contributing to build our part of the XXI century. There are many great
subjects that help us to wake-up, each day, in thinking : Fun, i have
"this" and "this" to do to have a good day. Just remember the "blitz"
over London in 1940 : the british people have been courageous and to the
end, the "Nazis" have gone to trash, Hitler first. For sure that the
actual war will go to the same end. We have only to be courageous, as
long as it will be a necessity.

Friendly,