Custom Objects?

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 17:27:00 EST 2002

Hi guys,

This one is a question for any external developers. I know there are
considerable reasons why you don't see a lot of "plug-in" objects powered by
externals for MetaCard- among them cross-platform considerations, and the
rarity in which they are even needed.

However... is there a preferred method for going about this?
For example, say I want to create a simple "graph" object from a C library
(note: this is *not* what I'm doing, just an example). How would I trap for
update events in the MetaCard window? For mouse clicks, should I use a
"dummy" object to trap for the clicks?

Has anyone had success with this sort of thing?

Best Regards,
Brian