Resizing stacks

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 18 00:50:01 EST 2002

The moment I upgraded to Jaguar 10.2.2 I started having problems
resizing stack windows. I drag the window corner to change its size, and
when I let go, the lower right corner takes on a mind of its own and
expands far past the bottom right corner of my monitor. The stack window
balloons to a huge size, with the topleft pinned to its original
position and the bottom-right off into infinity somewhere. It happens
even if I am dragging the window to a smaller size than it was
originally, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the actual
pixel position of the resize box when I release the mouse. There is no
way to bring the window back to a manageable size except by issuing
commands in the message box, since the resize box is off screen and what
was originally a small window is now sprawled across the entire screen.
It happens in all stacks, even new ones without scripts, but not every
time. Maybe, ten percent of the time. It seems most likely to happen in
the script editor, but maybe that's just because that's the stack I
resize the most.

This only started happening when I upgraded to 10.2.2. I use a MacAlly
iOptinet mouse and I have the latest driver. I don't see the problem in
any other applications. Has anyone else seen this, or is it just me?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com