OSX.1 to OSX.2 radio btn compatibility

Bryan Voyagerbsh at mac.com
Sat Nov 16 17:19:00 EST 2002

Hi,

Someone earlier asked about metacard issues between OSX.1 and OSX.2. One
problem I have found with metacard standalones is a shift in the size
and location of radio btns. Stacks built for OSX.1 ended up having radio
btns that are not completely shown -- being the btn graphic is clipped
off -- if the size of the btn is not large enough to begin with in
OSX.2. The graphic for the btn also seems to shift so that the position
of the btn is different. While these don't break the program, they
certainly can make it look amateurish and unfinished. I have gone back
into the stacks and relocated and increased the size of the btns. While
resizing fixes the graphic of the btns that got cut off, it still leaves
issues with the location because, if someone runs the program on OSX.1
now, the radio btn's are shifted out of position from where they should
be again. Additionally the "location" of the mouse vertical seems to be
off in OSX.2 again. I know this mouse vertical position issue has gone
back and forth in the past, but I don't know how to keep the stacks
working properly between OSX versions when the locations shift.   I am
still using metacard 2.4 and perhaps switching to 2.5 would help. Has
anyone struggled with this issue.

Bryan