MetaCard 2.5 alpha 8

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 12 22:24:01 EST 2002

Scott,

Any chance of getting the "posterTime" property for player objects (which
returns the timepoint in the movie where the poster frame was defined)
working for 2.5?

Additionally we'd also spoken about a couple of other items:

(1) the ability to grab a frame from a QT movie as image data so it could be
stuck into an image object using the QT API call "GetMoviePICT", and

(2) an extension of the "prepare" command that would force MC to render a
player object into its buffer before it was displayed so that one could have
a hidden player object, set its currentTime to a specified time, and then
show it, optionally with visual effects.

I'm assuming the last two aren't in the works for 2.5, but I just wanted to
remind you of them in the event that there was still some fleshing out to do
on them.

Thanks,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software