Testing on multiple platforms

Richard MacLemale rmaclema at pasco.k12.fl.us
Tue Nov 12 12:45:01 EST 2002

On 11/12/02 12:03 PM, "miscdas at boxfrog.com" wrote:

> You better add WIN XP to the list. It has a lot of quirks and
> inconsistencies compared to Win 98, ME, and 2000. For example, many system
> file locations (paths) are different, and many registry entries are under
> different (and unexpected) keys.

That's a good point for those who depend on files in certain locations and
who use the registry.  I haven't had to do any of that type of stuff for the
Windows apps I've developed so far.  I don't ever expect a certain file to
be in a certain place, on either platform.  Best to assume it won't be
there.  There are some circumstances where you have to do that kind of
stuff, but I've been lucky enough in that I haven't had to resort to it.
Well, that and 90% of the work I do is on OS X Server Jaguar.  :)

--
:)
Richard MacLemale