the large file challenge

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Sun Nov 10 14:56:06 EST 2002

| > So that is 1:53 for bash, 2:04 for pascal, and 2:19 for MC. darn good!
|
| But golly, I thought an "interpreted" language like MetaTalk was supposed to
| be slow, certainly much slower than compiled Pascal.
|
| :)

By golly, that would be I think the "conventional wisdom" alright!

Another myth goes by the wayside?  :-)

Of course, now the C programmers will probably come out of
the closet.  (they might want to know, what compiler,
what flags set, etc.)  Point might be - that is a non issue
with MC.

Assembly language programmers need not apply.