the large file challenge

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Nov 10 03:11:00 EST 2002

Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Pierre Sahores wrote:
>>
>>> So ! MC as far so fast than Pascal ! Is'nt it great ? And, thanks again
>>> to Scott, for that too !
>>
>> It's enough to make a Java programmer cry. ;)
>
> Java ? Help me to remember... Are you speaking, Richard, in about this
> dead marketed toy that crashes any time he search some more ram to eat ?

If you're thinking of the one with the slow development cycle and the even
slower runtime speed, yep, that's the critter.

Anyone care to write this challenge algorithm in Java for laughs?  Or would
we need Raney to add a new time token in addition to "seconds", "ticks", and
"milliseconds":  "eons".

:)