Text files on Windows

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Fri Nov 1 13:05:01 EST 2002

Shari,

I thought I'd also add that you can set the fileType on Macs.  For example,
if you set the fileType to "MCRDMSTK" and then do your open, write, and
close, it'll look like a MetaCard stack and, when double-clicked, try to
open in MetaCard.  To see various fileTypes (creator and type, 4 letters
each) open ResEdit, click on File, and choose Get File/Folder info.